Giving a felting demonstration

I had a  lot of fun today at our little local Christmas Craft Market where I was asked to demonstrate felting. I just made a simple rectangle first to demonstrate some of the basics.

It turned out very pretty. I did 3 layers of felt some handspun yarn with some black and silver net material. The net disappeared into the wool but the silver gave it a bit of bling. I added some hand painted locks for a bit of pop and a bit of purple silk hanky.

To demonstrate the use of a resist I made a small bag (suitable for a mobile phone). Beforehand I had made some long snakes with different coloured wool and chopped it into small rounds. They looked a bit like licorice all sorts but they felted in really well and made an interesting design.

I used corriedal for the base. Not sure that I'd use it again as it felted quite hairy - even after lots of fulling.
Here is the bag hanging with some of my scarves that I took along for demonstration.
The group has asked me to do a day's workshop next year. Hooray!!!


Comments

Popular Posts